5.16.2007

A List

Pregnancy Pro:
My hair and nails are growing like crazy.

Pregnancy Con:
So is my ass.

Pregnancy Pro:
The nausea has passed.

Pregnancy Con:
So has my window of opportunity to get Chris to do my bidding because I’m too nauseous.

Pregnancy Pro:
I have a bump at 14 weeks.

Pregnancy Con:
It is the same size as my bump at 5 months with Bee.

Pregnancy Pro:
Reassuringly, this pregnancy has been almost identical to my pregnancy with Bee.

Pregnancy Con:
That means that I have shaky-leg syndrome, muscle cramps, insomnia and heartburn to look forward to.

Pregnancy Pro:
I pretty much know what to expect.

Pregnancy Con:
Oh god. I know what to expect.

Pregnancy Pro:
I have not eaten one dairy queen skor blizzard since becoming pregnant.

Pregnancy Con:
Can’t say the same about Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia.

Pregnancy Pro:
Me and Chris have already decided on names.

Pregnancy Con:
A very popular blogger just took the girl’s name I’ve been convincing Chris to love for two years.

Pregnancy Pro:
Pregnancy makes me more sensitive and understanding than I am in real life.

Pregnancy Con:
My coworkers think I’m mental because I blubber over album covers and ad copy.

Pregnancy Pro:
You should see the jugs.

Pregnancy Con:
But if you touch them I’ll kill you, because they hurt like a sum’bitch.

Pregnancy Pro:
I’m not worried about labour or birth.

Pregnancy Con:
I still have to do it and it’s still gonna hurt.

Pregnancy Pro:
I am thankful, lucky and enjoying every minute of being pregnant.

Pregnancy Con:
I’ll have to be reminded of that when it is 30 degrees in August and I am as big as a house.

Pregnancy Con:
My friends and family will possibly get sick of me talking about this pregnancy.

Pregnancy Pro:
I’ll always have my beloved internets to yammer at.


***

24 comments:

  1. This was hilarious! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of the preggo talk. If it makes you feel better, I just bawled at the series finale of Gilmore Girls. I also cried when they announced America's Next Top Model. I'm losing hair by the handful, it seems.

    I'm a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did I possibly miss that you're pregnant!

    oh, man - awesome.

    and hard.

    and awesome.

    *hugs k*

    (and I'm sorry about the name-thing. argh.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we love your yammering!

    Oh, that name thing sucks! However... sometimes these things can be good in that they force to figure out just how much you love the name... a coworker named her son our first choice name before Swee'pea was born... but it was my grandpa's name and we told my grandma on her deathbed that we would use it if it was a boy... we ended up using it for his middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could still use the name. You don't use the real one here anyway.

    (And I remember you talking about it two years ago).

    There's always Ginger or Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My second has been a lot like the first, but it actually got easier near the end. Maybe it'll be the same for you.

    And yeah, if you really like the name, go for it. I won't use a name my close friends have already used, but bloggers? I think that's still open game for names.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yammer on, kgirl. I'll live vicariously through you for the next litte while (but shaky leg syndrome, really? ugh.).

    I HATE that about names - that everyone else has access to them, too - why doesn't everyone just back off the good ones, already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will never tire of hearing you talk about your pregnancy.

    Take the damn name. It was yours two years ago.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with CM. Use the damn name. It's not like this other blogger owns it or anything.

    Good to hear that if you have to have a big ass you've got big tits to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading about this (it makes me broody). And "shaky-leg syndrome, muscle cramps, insomnia and heartburn to look forward to"? You sent a shiver of remembrance down my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. metro - oh yes, ginger. she'll have a promising future.

    mad - you just made me laugh. a lot.

    and yes, i'm sure that shaky leg syndrome is the clinical name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I love that name. Definitely use it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute list and yes you always have us to yammer at. I cannot believe you have not had a single blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was too funny to read. brought back a lot of memories!! Go get yourself a Dairy Queen blizzard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yammer all you want. i love watching you go through the whole deal.

    i love it. and go w/ the name anyways. dude.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some very good, sage advice on naming...

    And please keep yammering about the second time 'round. Us chickensh*ts can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh. Bummer about the name. That was one of my great fears which is why we told no one our choice until after the baby was born.

    And I hear you on the bigger bump...sigh... but you know it will all be worth it in the end, the indignity of the extra-large bump notwithstanding.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had fantastic skin but a massive ass and hobbit feet and the dreaded shaky legs. Still not %100 sure that I can go through with it again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanna rub your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Use the name! You love it, you both agree on it...important points, both.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, too, look forward to all the pregnant poises.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good list. You forgot one pro, though: You get to be completely free with the way you look in a bathing suit for the first time (for me, at least) in your life. LOVED pregnant swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So funny.

    Yammer away my friend. I look forward to all of it :)

    Oh and KEEP THE NAME - who cares if another blogger used it - it's not like the kids will be cousins or anything. Plus very cool name!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL.

    Great list K.

    I agree about the name... if you have doubts, look for another. Don't get stuck calling your kid Apple, or Dweezel because you have not thought of a backup. What happens if you pick a name and the baby just doesn't look like that name?

    Enjoy the pregnancy (spoken like a true guy) because it's what comes after that you have forgotten. LOL. That is the stuff that sucks the bag.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.