9.13.2007

Hi everyone--it’s metro mama here. Kgirl probably won’t have a chance to post for a few days and didn’t want you to worry.

As you know, her dad’s been very sick for some time, and I’m saddened to tell you, he passed away last night.

Kgirl’s doing as well as can be expected. She’s wrapping herself up in that beautiful little family of hers, keeping things as routine as possible for Bee’s sake. I stopped by this afternoon and her BFF was there. She has chocolate, and, as always, her strong spirit.

What she does not have right now, unfortunately, is a working computer. It refused to start up yesterday, and hasn’t recovered since. What timing. I suspect there are some lovely words of comfort from her bloggy friends waiting in her inbox—she’s hoping to get to them soon.

In the meantime, she’s having visitation this weekend at her place. If you want to stop by, after 3 pm is best (Bee naps from 1-3 and you don’t need to be reminded about the sanctity of a child’s naptime).

Kgirl, when you’re able to read this, know we are all thinking about you with love and sympathy.

Julie

30 comments:

  1. I'll find out from Julie your address.

    My condolences Kgirl. What a terrible time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, kgirl! I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Thanks, Metro for keeping us up to date.

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry kgirl. I know that this has been a terrible time for you.

    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so so sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I'm very sorry for you and your family. May your Dad rest in peace, no more sufferring. Take care of yourself and you soon to bee...let your loved ones care for you too. You will be in our thoughts and prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry kgirl.
    You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. Sending you all the best vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I didn't expect to see this. I'm so sorry , and I wish you and your family the best through this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending my love to you. You are in my thoughts hon. I am so so deeply sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sending lots and lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend, I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words. We're all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry K. Lots of hugs are sent your way to you and your family. You're in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it, and i know it does nothing for the pain, but it is all i have to offer.

    I hope you and your family find light and love to help you through this.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm so sorry, kgirl. this is awful. sending love and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Kgirl. I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. Sending you calm, strength and peace.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear, I'm so very sorry. Wishing you some measure of peace in this time of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, kgirl. So, so sorry.

    If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know - nykittenpie@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Kgirl! I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just came back and saw the picture of your Dad.

    Hugs honey. Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My heart goes out to you kgirl. My prayers are with your dad and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. im so sorry to hear kgirl. just keep rubbing that tummy and looking at bee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'm just back to give you one more

    {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so very very sorry for your loss, K. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  25. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't remember how I got here.

    I lost my father to cancer, five years after diagnosis.

    I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  27. K-girl,

    I am so sorry to learn of your loss.

    I know it is hard.

    Thinking of you,
    OTJ

    ReplyDelete
  28. Big hugs and kisses from me to your family. Thinking of you, and hoping the weeks get easier.

    K

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.