3.28.2008

I Served My Guest a Spider

She didn’t eat it, thankfully. Or take her banana cake and up and leave. But there it was in her coffee cup just the same. Unbelievably gracious, she even blamed herself for its appearance in her mug. Still and all, I gave her a coffee with a spider in it.

Actually, I think I gave her milk with a spider in it, because we store the mugs upside down, but the little fancy creamer right-side up, and since we don’t use it very often and it is quite stylish, I can see why a spider would make it its home.

Regardless, she poured the milk into the coffee, and as a bonus, got a spider.

All the little ones got a cute little tray filled with goodies that toddlers gobble – cheese, grapes, quartered homemade muffins, blueberries. You get the idea. They also got toys to play with, stories to read, beads to string and at one point things were quiet in the playroom which revealed Bee teaching the other toddlers to play Fists of the Lotus or some such nonsense on the Xbox. Chris will have to explain how and why Bee knows how to play Fists of the Lotus or some such nonsense on the Xbox. Or why she knows how to mash enough buttons to get the thing going anyway. Well, anyway, that’s what the toddlers got; the babies got their mother’s milk and NoMo and Blah Blah got just plain coffee, no spiders, and we all ate the banana cake and a lot of the toddler goodies too, but Kittenpie got a spider.

I served my guest – the pregnant one; the one that brought the banana cake, read stories to my kid, held my other kid when the first one nose-dived off the chair and needed consoling, told funny stories and was generally lovely to have around – a spider.

Do you think she’ll come back?

***

19 comments:

  1. Tee hee hee. "And it is quite stylish". Funny girl you are.

    I don't even own a creamer. So there. Tonight we had unexpected guests for dinner and the cream ended up on the table still in the carton.

    We're such rednecks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's pregnant. She likely needed a little extra protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an excellent hostess - we had a fabulous time! My 'hood next. Soon, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, darling. It was lovely, and aside from my mild attack of hysteria, I had a great time. I only worried that I prattle on too much. But next time, I'll try to convince my multi-legged friends to knock it off for an hour or two and stay at home. Maybe they can save their energy for a grand-scale evening attack instead.

    And NoMo - if it's a friday without dr. appts, I'll come too - and again, try not to come bearing critters. Will you take the chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we can all understand why they love her so much, right?

    She'll be back - despite the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite sure she'd be back, it is you of course ;)

    Gab

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just spooky. You know, the other day I was saying to myself, "Maybe Kittenpie isn't really cursed with bizarre spider-related events; maybe she just notices them more than the rest of us." I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure she'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm positive she will. And how lucky are you guys to live so near each other? Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, I'm a friend of NoMo's and I'm new here. I think the spider story is hilarious. I remember deciding, yes, deciding to eat a spider when I was a kid. Just to see what it tasted like. Bitter, scratchy and a bit sour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BoS - welcome! i'm glad i didn't scare you away, and please, visit again - coffee spiders are strictly optional from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could say that you didn't serve the spider to her - it rather served itself up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. she'll come back, really.

    i would. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. if you served me a spider...i'd still come back ;) i promise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe the lesson here is to always rinse-out seldom used dishes--just in case a spider has moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha!

    I think anyone would come back to hang with you, spider or no.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would. But then, I'm not convinced that the entire Class Archnida are out to get me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She brings them on herself dude. It's spooky. she makes me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.