3.20.2008

Live Blogging: Thursday Morning

So, you know, I really don't complain or have any regrets about my planned second homebirth turning into a c-section, but there are a few things that I was really, really looking forward to that I missed out on. Like, excrutiating pain - I'm sorry, I meant, excrutiating intensity (I like to keep things positive), and you know, ripping the yoni open thanks to my anvil-hard perrineum (damn kegels), and Live Blogging.

It was so part of my plan that I would live blog my labour, like others have done. I thought it would be so exciting to have a play-by-play to look back on; to read your encouraging words as my cervix dialated and I yelled for frozen grapes and back rubs; to gloat about how I barely broke a sweat through transition (I know, I'm funny); to finally post that last live blog post that read simply, I believe I'm crowning - gotta go!.

Alas, it was not meant to be. And I'm ok on missing out on the intensity, the ripping, the grace through transition (still laughing) and the eventual deposit of my child onto my bed.

But bitchez, I've decided that I'm getting my live blogging on.

Live from the blog, it's Thursday Morning!

Ok! Here we go!

It is 10:20 a.m. Dove is downstairs sleeping in the car seat; we have arrived home from dropping Bee at nursery school and going to check out the new circuit-training gym that is NOT curves that I know I must join.

BFF will be here soon, and then we will pick up Bee, go to Mocha Mocha for lunch and head to the One of A Kind Craft Show at the Ex.

Whoo. This live blogging is exciting. Back soon.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the One of a Kind since giving birth - so jealous - can't wait to hear all about it. I will hit refresh until I break the entire internet. Though there is a bag of cookies in the kitchen that require my attention. I'LL BE BACK (said all Terminator like).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live blogging Thursday morning. HAHAHA. Awesome. I wish I'd thought of that.
    And for the record, there is NO WAY I could have typed anything while I was in labour - I was too busy crying and throwing up. A model for all womankind, that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riveting...I shall sit her glued to my monitor waiting for the update. Maybe I can live blog the live blogging event. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. blah, blah, blogMarch 21, 2008

    No longer live--can't recall what I was doing Thursday morning, but I do know I was not at the computer--just wanted to quickly note that if your second labour and delivery was anything like mine, there was no time for blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.