4.15.2008

Get Lost

Ok, I am so late to this party that even the girl in the white jeans doing the shopping cart to Flo Rida has hooked up with the drunk frat boy that had previously been using her as target practice for flinging beer caps, and left.

That’s how late I am.

Nevertheless, this is a good party. Me and the huz are enjoying it immensely, and before I go on, a warning, please:

If you ruin it for me, I will spam your comments with poetry from my grade 10 diary. I mean it, people; any spoilers and your inbox gets it. And I was very dramatic when I was 16, so it won’t be pretty.

Kol beseder?

Ok. So here we are at this party, and holy moly, we are enjoying ourselves. Sorry? What party, you ask? Well, if you haven’t already guessed, we are watching Lost.

From the beginning, on DVD.

Every night.

For about 4 hours.

I’m tired.

Partly because we are staying up too damn late – and this is my fault; I am almost always the person to suggest, ‘Just one more!’ as the credits roll and the clock blinks midnight.

And partly because I then lay awake for a while, digesting the mystery overload I’ve just consumed like too much leftover potato salad late at night. (oy, the heartburn.)

I mean, seriously – this is a good show. It’s so creepy, and every episode leaves me with more questions:

Why is Sawyer so mean!

Why aren’t there more alpha-dogs fighting for leadership!

What’s in the woods!

Is Claire’s baby going to be ok!

How are we out of raisin bran already!

Anyway, you know, because you’re like two seasons ahead of me. Believe it or not, I have managed to absorb almost zero buzz about this show (I’ve been busy, people), so we’re watching it with virgin eyes, which is great.

But now, like most people that get to the party really late, I want to know if you guys had fun – who do you think is the hottest? (I’m thinking Kate – you with me?) Do you love the show? Did the drunk frat boy fall asleep before the girl in the white jeans had a chance to...

Ahem, let’s leave that last one alone, shall we? Because really, all I’m interested in at this point is my couch, my snack, my husband to hold my hand during the scary bits and explain things to me (I’m tired, remember?), and the remote.

Press play. Time to get Lost.


***

21 comments:

  1. We're just finished the whole Lost on DVD thing, and are finally caught up. I was just thinking yesterday how I missed it.

    I flip flop on who is the hottest, though. Right now? Probably Sun and Desmond/Sayid. See? I can't even pick a guy for one second..

    Once you're done Lost, do Battlestar Galactica if you haven't already. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is pretty dreamy - although when they pan out she looks about four ft 11.

    Not that there is anything wrong with that - but a man of my girth ruminates on all aspects of a television fantasy relationship and somewhere methinks I would simply snap her in two.

    Ahem.

    j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOST is the one reason we keep the digital cable. Some will say they hate it by the next season you are entering but not me or SB - we hang on every single freakin' episode. Great tv is so few and far between. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first season--it's all downhill from there.

    I think Sawyer's the hottest, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm later then you kgirl. I still haven't watched one episode and don't really plan on it.

    I was like that with 24 though... we were about 3 seasons behind and it gets soooo hard to turn of the disc knowing that there is more just waiting for you to watch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did the Lost DVD thing last summer and were also totally hooked. Some say it's gone downhill but I still love it. Right now, Desmond's the hottest to me by far. Now I want to rewatch all the earlier seasons on DVD... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I watched seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. Season 1 rocked my socks. Season 2 I was still enjoying it although getting frustrated. Season 3 - it was like breaking up with a bad boyfriend.

    I haven't watched any of the current season.

    Hottest? Sayid. My god, they could just air him reading his grocery list every week for an hour and I would watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started watching lost, but then I missed a week or two, and then I was... well... Lost. someday I'll catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. downhill? don't believe all those people!!! it's AMAZING!

    this season is the best one yet! soooooo good!

    we started watching late...and watched 4, 5, 6 episodes every night becuse we couldn't stop. and got all caught up before season 4. now we wait every week like normal people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you who I think is the hottest because I don't think you're at the point where he's been introduced yet.

    But. Sawyer? YUMMY. And I do think Claire is smokin' too. And Kate.

    It is so. so. so. so. so. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm the only one in the known universe, but I just love Jack. Desmond, Sayid ... yes. But always Jack.

    And you're so right about the lack of alpha dogs. How is Lost different from Survivor? There's nobody saying, "Jack's the leader" and then Jack says, "No I'm not the leader" and then everybody votes Jack off for being the leader.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bea - I love Jack too. If Kate gets voted off, he's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. DUDE. Watching Lost on DVD is one of life's purer pop culture pleasures. enjoy.

    And you're welcome to Jack. Sawyer's mine. As is Sayid. I can has manwich?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have found myself awake in bed on many a Thursday night while I replayed the weekly episode in my head. Love, love, LOVE it! I'd sleep with Charlie. I always did go for the runt of the litter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's pretty tremendous, isn't it?

    sawyer. mean, but ridiculously hot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. sawyer... excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth. hee hee.

    LOVE that show and have had April 24th marked on my calendar for weeks!!! BACK ON AIR BABY!

    the show used to be a lot scarier -- damn smoke monster... wait for Jacob and the cabin. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sayid.

    The man I love to dream about.

    Yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. blah, blah, blogApril 16, 2008

    Yes!

    We got into Lost last fall, after baby two was born and while Al was on pat leave.

    We got through season 1 & 2 just in time for season 3 to come out on dvd in December, and then whipped through that in time for the new season to begin!

    Kate's muscles are lovely, but eventually her continual bone-headed blundering will annoy you.

    Sawyer is mean, but those dimples and smoldering glances melt me.

    Ultimately, though, I think it's got to be Desmond, brother...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lost?!?

    Never heard of it. TV show? Movie? What is it?

    You would think if it were popular I would have heard of it. Hmmmm.

    I'll get UM to download it from the beginning to and we can watch them on her ipod @ the seder. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE LOST. I am totally obsessed. I fell off the wagon for a little but O MY GAWD this season is wicked.
    I am giddy just being excited for you to catch up.

    The lack of alpha-dogs perplexes me still.

    Kate and Sayid.
    but not together.
    mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  21. well you won't get any spoilers from me because when it comes to lost, i'm lost. i haven't watched 10 minutes of that show.

    heard it was great though, hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.