1.19.2009

Day-Without-Kids Day

Guess where I am? Yup, home; that’s right.

Guess where the huz is? Yup, home with me; that’s right.

Guess where the kids are? Yup…

NOT HOME!

For the very first time ever since having children, 3 years and 8 months ago, me and Chris took the day off, sent the children away and are at home together, alone. Like, not just for a couple of hours, or maybe for the morning; for the ENTIRE day – that’s 9 am to 5 pm, folks.

And oh, lord, it feels good. So far, my day has entailed sleeping until 10am while Chris got the kids up, dressed, fed and out the door to the neighbours’ where they will be (with the nanny) all day; pouring a cup of coffee, and sitting in the office for an hour, communing with all you lovely chumps people not at home, with their husband but no kids. Hazaa!

The most labourious task of my day will be reheating the Thai leftovers for lunch.

Well, ok, I do have a husband sitting downstairs who may suggest we take advantage of having an empty house by finally putting up the wallpaper in the dining room engaging in something a little more…

Sorry, I’m blushing. Let’s just say that my afternoon plans are to indulge in some x-stitch activity, and his are to indulge in some x-rated activity, I’m sure.

But, pffffftttt! We can do that when the kids are home. Let’s do something really crazy, like watch an entire movie without interruption, or maybe, listen to music with lyrics that don’t rhyme!

The only rule is that we are not to leave the house, because leaving the house causes serious time-suckage that we cannot afford. As it is, I only have 5 hours and 45 minutes left of Day-Without-Kids Day. Better go – there’s lots of things I have planned to not do today.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely heavenly!! I sometimes have time with nanny watching the kids in the house, but it's really not the same, especially when they come to see me every 20 minutes!

    Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the most awesome feeling? Enjoy your day... and plan for more such days in the months to come.

    Oh and pffftt to hubbies who only think of that ONE thing at times like this. Tell him to take a nap LOL

    Found your blog on facebook btw... going to join your network now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blah, blah, blogJanuary 19, 2009

    DWK Day sounds glorious. But seriously, dude, you can blog at work!

    STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER...

    Not to sound too much like a husband but the x-rated part is a lot more enjoyable when you are not tensing up with each muffled sigh heard through the monitor (or, worse, little footsteps!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's major time suckage to do something outside of the house - esp. in this weather!

    And when was the last time you were in the house alone?

    Sounds heavenly.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh.

    What a wonderful day... we need one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fabulous!!!
    I hope it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, have fun not doing stuff all day. Don't not do something I wouldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just going to read this post over and over and over and wish it was me. But I'm also glad it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just trying to figure out if we have had an entire day to ourselves. Even when we went to montreal we were home in 24hrs.
    have sex and watch a movie -there is still time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.... My jaw is still. dropped. I totally need a day like that....

    ReplyDelete
  11. silence truly is golden, as you now realize...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isnt time without the beasties the best? In limited amounts of course. Hope you did not get all tangled in wallpaper....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.