8.04.2009

Top Ten Tuesday

This week’s Top Ten is inspired by our weekend at my in-laws in lovely Southwestern Ontario, where the soil is so good, you could grow gold if it came in seed form. Seriously, the produce at this time of year is so heavenly, that I will happily listen to my husband’s tales of spending his teenage summers working in the corn fields and why he won’t eat it 15 years later AGAIN for one more cob, please. Just one more. It’s so good. Nom Nom.

Top Ten Fresh From the Farm Foods
or
Top Ten Reasons Why Even This Cold, Rainy Summer Doesn’t Suck That Bad

10. Green and yellow beans!

9. Watermelon!

8. Cauliflower!

7. Blueberries!

6. Cherries!

5. Cucumbers!

4. Tomatoes!

3. Raspberries!

2. Peaches!

1. Corn!


What are your summer must-haves?

***

6 comments:

  1. CORN!!
    Dont' quit us kgirl. we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't EAT corn. I wonder if it's a common farm kid phobia?
    But fresh raspberries, oh my freaking heck yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of it! There is a big bowl of blueberries, raspberries and cherries on the table! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper menu for tonight: toast, fried eggs, tomatoes and corn. Repeat every night for the next three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice Cream
    Sausages
    Margartias

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - I can't get those at my farmers' market. I'm coming to shop at yours ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.