Top Ten Reasons I Love My New PVR
10. My ‘omg, did you see Gray’s?!’ tweets a week after the season premiere will get way more responses and attention than if I had been one of thousands madly tweeting during the actual first showing like the rest of you chumps.
9. I can record the kids’ shows that I actually find tolerable, then kibosh the really annoying ones like Max and Ruby, by exclaiming that Backyardigans is on! Right now! Booyah.
8. My husband will never again have to argue over whether Cities of the Underworld is more important to watch on the good tv than Top Chef before he loses and is ultimately relegated to the basement and the old tv.
7. I will no longer regret not buying the entire Little House on the Prairie series at Costco that time.
6. No more almost peeing in my pants waiting for a commercial.
5. No more cursing my light sleepers for waking up 7 minutes before I find out who is in, and who is out.
4. I will actually slice the veggies and put them on a plate with a dollop of hummus and a glass of water instead of just grabbing the bag of chips because it is closer and faster.
3. This effectively puts an end to the philosophical dilemma we have about subscribing to cable in the first place.
2. No more *buffering* watching *loading* missed episodes *a word from our sponsors* on the *buffering* internet.
1. I don’t have to wait until Sunday mornings to watch relaxing fishing shows.