4.27.2010

Kgirl Testdrive: Naot 'Be Happy' Shoes

Here’s something I love: cute shoes.

Here’s something else I love: sustainable products.

So here’s something I fell in love with at first sight: my new Naot shoes.

When the good people at Naot contacted me to see if I would like to try out a pair of this season’s new cutie pies, I did not hesitate to say yes. Naot is a company that I have supported, trusted and spent my money on for years, and really? Nothing says, Hello spring! like a new pair of shoes.

So Naot sent me the catalogue, and let me tell you something – if you thought that Naots were only for hippies with orthopedic issues, you have not checked out a Naot catalogue lately.

I mean, look at these:





How about these?



It was a hard decision to make, one punctuated with incredulous cries of, REALLY? I can pick ANY one I want?! Plus a certain number of little squeals, but in the end, I picked a pair that suited me to a T:




Are these not the cutest things you’ve ever seen? And check it – they are called, Be Happy, which I thought was very fitting.

Then I realized that my cute cranberry-hued Be Happys are part of the Naot Green line, which made them even yummier. Here’s a few things I love about my new shoes:

* So cute – just my style, and I bet your style is somewhere in here, too
* The footbed is made of sustainable cork, which is already molding to my otherwise wonky feet
* My feet do not sweat in these shoes
* They are just as comfortable barefoot as they are with socks on
* SO cute (did I already mention that?)

I am really looking forward to wearing these shoes with a sundress, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be making an appearance at BlogHer this year. They have quickly become a staple of my wardrobe, and I thank Naot whole-heartedly for making a product that I can stand behind – er, on.

Seriously, you should walk a mile in my shoes.

11 comments:

  1. Wow. As a fellow shoe freak, may I say that this was a sweet gig? And that I'm glad you have some cute new kicks to kick off summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, you're lucky man. I've wanted a pair of Naots for pretty much ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you! Those are supercute and so very you.
    I bought my first pair last year, I didn't know about the green line. sounds very me
    Perhaps the good people at Naot will fix the shoes I bought last year ? Is there any info on that catalogue? The shoe store has been very unhelpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are TOTALLY cute and totally you (and totally me, too). I love that they're 'green', too. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am never without a pair of red shoes, it is one of my adult rules. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MAry Jane style shoes. Tehse are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those!
    where can I get a pair?
    very cute and yet oh so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just spoke to the NAOT rep. Who wants to come to Prairie Dogs on Eglinton?

    ReplyDelete
  9. blah, blah, blogMay 03, 2010

    Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are VERY cute!! Look comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great shoes! love the style and design of them.
    -------
    Free Apple Ipad 4

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.