1.10.2011

You Came To My Blog For The First Time In 3 Weeks And All You Got Was This Lousy Meal Plan

Wow, 10 days into January and all I've got for you is a meal plan? Cheap. I know. But as I work on some big changes and work out some other stuff, at least we'll eat well!

Meal Plan - Jan. 10 - Jan. 14

Monday
Lemon-herb tilapia
Boiled potatoes
Garlic sautéed spinach

Tuesday
Roasted roots
Maple-dijon chicken (recipe below)
Steamed broccoli

Wednesday (hosting book club, no time for meal
prep)
Kosher chicken wieners
Sweet potato fries
Fresh veggies

Thursday (Skating until 6:30 - dinner needs to be ready when we get home)
Carrot/orange/ginger soup, which I will adjust for the slow cooker
Homemade bread with butter
Mixed green salad

Friday
Veggie & tofu stirfry
Jasmine rice

I don't like to plan for dessert; even though we are judicious, we still feel like our kids eat too much sugar, so we are happy to program them to think that a tangerine or melba toast is dessert.


Maple-Dijon Chicken 
Very quick, very simple, very yummy. Serves 4

1 ½ - 2 lbs chicken thighs (or breasts, whatever you prefer)
¼ cup your favourite Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs (any breadcrumbs will do, but Panko retain a nice crunch)

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Mix together mustard and maple syrup
• Brush mixture all over chicken
• Dredge in breadcrumbs until evenly coated
• Bake in a single layer in a shallow pan 45 min.
• Enjoy!



So, what are you having for dinner this week?
***

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to this, we're having Maple-Dijon Chicken tomorrow night...looks yummy, and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for fast, yummy, easy recipes.

    Tonight it's salmon filets cooked in olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon. Serving it with rice and sauteed spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that maple dijon chicken sounds great and i think i will serve it with a veggie stir fry :) mmmmmmm
    Thanks Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, seriously, HOW DO YOU HAVE THE TIME??? And you work outside the home too! There is NO WAY I could get this done, and I am home ALL DAY. Granted, my youngest is 17 months, but still!

    You are my HERO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nancy - lol - I actually enjoy cooking, so I make time for it. But I'm no hero - you should see my laundry pile.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.