6.29.2011

Bidding Kindergarten Farewell

I recently suggested writing a letter to your child's teacher as part of his/her end-of-year gift. This morning I sent my daughter off to her very last day of kindergarten, packing a smile, some fresh-cut lilacs, a gift card and a letter for her teacher. I know Ms B will like the LCBO card, but I'm hoping the letter will let her know how much she has truly been appreciated. Good teachers are gold.


Dear Ms B,

Thank you for another wonderful year, and for helping to end M's kindergarten experience with the confidence and enthusiasm she will need as navigates full-time school and grade one. We won't be at [this school] next year, but we have no doubt that as our family embarks on a new adventure, M will relay many stories to her new friends about her first favourite teacher.

We wish you all the best in your new classroom, and hope that you'll find that the unexpected turns in the road often yield the most inspiring views.


Thank you for being a part of our story.


K&C

Have a great summer, everyone!

***

7 comments:

  1. Aw, love it!

    If only I had read this post two days ago, so I could have written my own letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at 'Thank you'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I wish I had done this. Or had my daughter write a note. Next year!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome. I absolutely love this and no doubt so did M's teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful thank-you letter.
    I'm sure it meant a lot to the teacher.
    fresh flowers, a lovely note AND a gift card from LCBO- wish I had gone into teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting letters like that at the end of the year. This year I carried the tradition forward and wrote thank you letters to my administrators telling them what I appreciated about each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found this, love the idea. We have become particularly attached to our son's teacher. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.